The objectives of the Land Rover 4x4 in Schools Technology Challenge are to provide a challenge that...
- Is educational but also provides participants with the opportunity to experience something that is realistic, as well as relevant to the operations within industry.
- Provides an experience where students can develop and embed knowledge and skills which may be later required in further education or their chosen career.
- Is motivating, exciting, challenging and fun for both the students and adults involved.
- Provides young people with the opportunity to work as part of a team or independently to develop problem solving skills and techniques.
- Enables real life engineers (STEM Ambassadors) to connect with the future of the industry by sharing their engineering knowledge, expertise, enthusiasm and commitment with students from a range of backgrounds.
- Provides an opportunity for students to learn and develop through participation in a hands-on practical experience.
- Enables young people to gain an understanding and awareness of what engineering involves, encouraging them to actively think about a career within STEM.
- Enables young people to be recognised for their achievements through schemes such as CREST, ASDAN and The Duke of Edinburgh Award.
- Integrates subject knowledge from key areas of the curriculum with the wider agenda of work-related learning, enterprise, key skills and personal development.